World Hepatitis Alliance Terms & Conditions
- Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, of inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- Those users who register with us to use one or more of the transactional areas of our website have particular responsibilities and their specific attention is drawn to points 10 & 11 of these terms and conditions. This is particularly relevant to those users who apply to become a member of WHA or those who submit a story to appear on WHA’s Wall of Stories.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these terms and conditions or your use of the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts
WHA means World Hepatitis Alliance, a registered Association in the State of Geneva, Switzerland. Registered on December 5th 2007, registration number CH-660-2785007-1. Registered address: 86bis, route de Frontenex, Case Postale 6364 1211 Genève 6.
- “Website” means www.worldhepatitisalliance.org, or any other website under WHA’s ownership or control (such as www.nohep.org) from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
- “You”, “your” and “yours” means the person(s) accessing the website.
- “We”, “us” and “our” means WHA.
- “Material” means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the website.
- A “registered user” is a person who has registered to use a service on the website (such as the Wall of Stories or membership).
- “Your content” is any and all the content submitted or uploaded by users of the website, including names, photographs, video clips, biographical information, text, logos, files and any other information and materials.
3. Trademarks and logos
- The WHA website and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to WHA are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty or any kind whether express or implied. In no event will WHA be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such loss or use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Trade marks, logos and service marks, together called “trade marks”, used on our website, whether registered or unregistered, are property of their owners. Unless otherwise stated, we do not give you permission to use any trade mark on our website without its owner’s consent.
4. Copyright and our Website
- WHA along with our content and technology providers, own the copyright to our websites. All content is under copyright. Any unauthorised use of our website’s content may infringe third parties rights. You may not use it unless with our prior written consent or as allowed in the following exceptions.
- You use the material for non-commercial, personal use only;
- All copyright notices are kept on the material; and
- You do not modify, reproduce, display, distribute or perform the material for any public use without prior written consent from WHA.
- Exceptions relate to material produced by WHA which we intend for the widest possible distribution including but not limited to:
- WHA infographics
- WHA toolkits
- WHA strategies
- WHA reports
- WHA factsheets
- Campaign resources
- hepVoice magazine
Some photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not WHA). All rights are reserved on these photographs.
- Although WHA have a strict policy to ensure our anti-virus software is up-to-date, we do not guarantee that the functions contained in the material on this site will be uninterrupted or error free. Nor can we guarantee that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials. Users of the site are advised to take reasonable steps to use suitable anti-virus and firewall systems in order to protect your computer and equipment. WHA does not accept any liability for any loss or damage as a result of any infection of your computer and equipment.
- You must not introduce, or try to introduce, any virus or other contaminant to our website or any of its software or systems. Nor should you try to alter, de-compile, reverse engineer, destroy or tamper with any part of our website, its software or our systems. You must no try to weaken or damage how our website works, whether by helping to organise, or actively take part in, a denial of service attacked or otherwise.
6. Material on our website
- Whilst all reasonable care has been taken in compiling the information on the website, we do not guarantee its accuracy or reliability and neither WHA, nor its editors, can be held responsible for any inaccuracies or mis-statements of fact beyond our control. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
- We are always interested in hearing what you think of the material on our website – please contact us on email@example.com. Some of the material on the website has been written by organisations and individuals not employed by WHA (for example material provided through integrated data feeds, aggregated news content and information provided by other organisations in our membership base). We cannot guarantee its accuracy or reliability.
- Some of the material on the website forms part of an archive of news reporting or an archive of newsletters. The date of publication is stated on this material and it is not updated. Please take care to note these dates, as some of the information contained in this material will not reflect current situations, guidelines or best practice.
7. Medical information
- Any medical information referred to in or through this website is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical practitioner, or to endorse any specific treatment, healthcare or other service provider. You are strongly advised to talk to an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
8. Links to external content providers
- WHA takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and WHA has no control over them. This includes links to video sharing platforms such as YouTube. The fact that we include links to other websites (particularly to our member organisations) does not mean that WHA approves of or endorses any other third-party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties. That being said, any potential conflicts of interest should be raised with WHA. You can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Content submissions
- You can submit content to the website that will be visible to the public if you are a member or if you submit a story to the Wall of Stories. You agree whenever you submit your content to our website you must comply with our content standards. You agree your content must be accurate where it states facts and be genuinely held where it states opinions.
- We reserve the right to reject, block, suspend or remove your content at any time at our sole discretion. We in no way guarantee that your content or any part of it will be displayed on the website. Any content is published at our discretion.
- If any offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content is submitted to any section of the WHA website, or if any disruptive behaviour takes place via the WHA website, WHA may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
- Where WHA reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any laws of England and Wales (or the law of Scotland if you live there), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
10. Becoming a member of WHA
If you apply to become a member of WHA, you are bound by these Terms & Conditions. Membership of WHA involves agreeing to other terms. You’ll be told about these when you apply. Most importantly, you are consenting to WHA using your personal information to contact you as would be reasonable expected.
11. Wall of Stories Submissions
If you submit a story to appear on WHA’s Wall of Stories, you are bound by these Terms & Conditions. You agree that if your story is approved that it may also be profiled in hepVoice and through WHA social media channels.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated May 2018.