World Hepatitis Day 2022 Webinar series
28 July, 2022
Webinar one: I Can’t Wait Community Forum
In this forum we hear from people around the globe discussing their experiences of living with hepatitis and why we can’t wait for hepatitis elimination.
The panel taps into the global conversation around eliminating hepatitis by 2030 and offers an open forum for those living with hepatitis.
The panel was chaired by WHA President, Danjuma Adda.
- David Urick, hepatitis B patient advocate, living with hepatitis B, working as a patient care manager.
- Luís Mendão, living with HIV and hepatitis C, currently Chairman of the Board of GAT – Treatment Activists Group.
- Lien Tran, researcher at the WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis, Doherty Institute.
- Silvana Lesidrenska, co-founder of the Hepactive Association in 2009 and current chairman, living with hepatitis B.
- Dee Lee, director and founder of Inno Community Development Organisation
This World Hepatitis Day Community Forum is sponsored by AbbVie.
Webinar two: Mothers & babies can’t wait – fighting mother-to-child transmission
This discussion launched the WHA’s whitepaper on PMTCT which outlines the human impact of mother-to-child transmission and includes policy recommendations.
The panel was chaired by Dr Su Wang, Medical Director, Center for Asian Health & Viral Hepatitis Programs at Cooperman Barnabas Medical Center-RWJBarnabas Health, Past-President World Hepatitis Alliance
- Dr Olufunmilayo Lesi, Viral Hepatitis Team Lead, Global HIV, Hepatitis and STIs Programmes World Health Organization
- Dr Giuseppe Indolfi, Professor of paediatrics, University of Florence
- Nafisa Yussf, Social Researcher and Project Manager at the WHO Collaborating Centre for Viral Hepatitis, The Peter Doherty Institute
- Bisi Bright, Consultant Clinical Pharmacist, Lecturer and Public Health Manager; Vice Chairman and CEO of LiveWell Initiative
- Marinela Debu, President of the Romanian Liver Patients Association (APAH-RO), advocates for patients’ rights, and mother of two