We’re hiring: Project Coordinator (Maternity Cover – 15 months)
About the World Hepatitis Alliance
Alongside our 290+ member organisations working on the ground in 94 countries, the World Hepatitis Alliance harnesses the power of people living with viral hepatitis to achieve its elimination by 2030.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our small team to support the development and implementation of capacity building and advocacy programmes, the co-ordination of high-level policy and public health events and the running of global campaigns, all with the goal to ensure the voices of the people living with viral hepatitis are heard at the highest levels of decision making.
All of our actions work towards the elimination of viral hepatitis by 2030, achieving the goals set out in the World Health Organization’s Elimination Strategy and the targets set out in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
The Project Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Head of Programmes in the delivery of our ongoing projects. This includes monitoring project plans, organising and participating in stakeholder meetings and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Head of Programmes
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain and monitor project plans project schedules, budgets and expenditures
- Be the point of contact for stakeholders and ensure stakeholder views are managed towards the best solution
- Organise, chair and facilitate internal meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes / actions log
- Organise and manage all logistics for external meetings where appropriate
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings
- Organise and manage all logistics for events and conferences where appropriate
- Undertake project tasks and lead on some aspects of implementation as required
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Report regularly on progress
- Support the development of project strategies
- Ensure programme operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project
- Provide administrative support across programmes as needed
- Uphold the values of the organisation and support and promote diversity and equality of opportunity in the workplace
- Be flexible and carry out other associated duties as may arise, develop or be assigned in line with the broad remit of the post
- Maintain and improve competencies through continuous professional development
- Abide by organisational policies, codes of conduct and practice
- Treat with confidentiality any personal, private or sensitive information about individual organisations and or clients or staff etc.
This job description does not form part of the contract and may be amended to suit the changing needs of the service.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a project management team
- Clear understanding of membership organisations or not for profit sector
- Experience in event management is desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Sound planning and coordination skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competency in MS Office
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships and work successfully with people at all levels
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to manage own workload to meet tight deadlines
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
Personal tributes and other requirements
- Personal attributes and other requirements
- Sensitivity to different cultures and work styles
- Demonstrable personal commitment to the mission of WHA
- A positive, “can do” attitude and flexible approach
- A commitment to the success of the project
- Able to travel overseas for work if required
- The right to work in the UK
How to apply
Applications need to be recieved before 5pm BST on 22 June 2020. Interviews to be held in early July either via Zoom or in person depending on government advice at the time.
UHC Day 2023 – Hepatitis elimination and achieving health for all Achieving universal health coverage (UHC) means that health care is available to all people