Vacancy: Communications Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5 OCTOBER
It is an exciting time to be joining the World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA), we are about to embark on a new five-year strategy which will support and accelerate efforts to eliminate viral hepatitis globally within ten years. Communications is a key pillar of our work; the lack of awareness of hepatitis is costing people their lives. If you want to join a small, ambitious and dynamic team that works at a global level to make a difference, then this role is for you.
We are looking for someone to work closely with the Head of Communications and other key staff, to tell the organisation’s story and the stories of people affected by viral hepatitis. The role will have responsibilities for the organisation’s communications channels including websites, social media, email marketing, brand, and publications.
The successful candidate will deliver high impact global campaigns, develop case studies and communicate the work of WHA to key stakeholders. We are looking for a communication all-rounder with skills across web development, copy writing, design, video and social media. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, creative problem solver ready to turn their hand to a wide range of projects.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and annual leave allowance as well as the chance to make a real difference to the lives of people affected by viral hepatitis.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports to: Head of Communications
Line Management: External suppliers, interns and others as required
Salary: £37, 476.00
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work effectively with Head of Communications to develop high-impact communications strategies
- Support the development and delivery of successful campaigns including World Hepatitis Day (WHD) and NOhep
- Generate content and case studies for external communications channels
- Management of WHA and NOhep social media accounts
- Develop and update the WHA suite of websites
- Develop regular email communications
- Copyrighting, sub-editing and proof reading
- Design social media graphics, reports, magazines and infographics
- Manage third-party suppliers and consultants
- Manage campaign-specific budgets
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Assist the Head of Communications with press releases and media relations
This job description does not form part of the contract and may be amended to suit the changing needs of the service.
The Communications Manager works across multiple projects and needs to be able to turn their hands to a range of tasks, they are a self-starter and a problem solver, utilising their skills to create a variety of engaging content.
- Substantial experience working in a marketing/communications/PR or similar environment
- An understanding of membership organisations or the not-for-profit sector
- Experience working in and/or an understanding of global health and international development
- Proven history of developing and implementing communications strategies
- Managing suppliers to ensure they deliver on time, to budget and specification
- Managing organisational social media
Skills and abilities:
- Clear, precise and engaging writing skills; including experience of producing articles, reports and blog content
- Design skills with a good knowledge of the Adobe suite
- Web management skills with experience of WordPress
- Clear attention to detail with accurate proof-reading skills
- Social media content generation and management skills
- Proven ability to manage complex projects from start to finish
- Creative thinking capability and the confidence to input with own ideas
- Confident communicating with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Confident in using online analytics to assess effectiveness of campaigns on a regular basis and using feedback to inform future campaigns.
Please note that interviews will be held virtually on Friday 9th and Monday 12th October.
WHA are currently operating on a work-from-home basis. Role will be flexible with some travel to our London office in the future.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Financing viral hepatitis: catalysing action for impact
Financing viral hepatitis: catalysing action for impact Read our latest joint publication, with partners, in The Lancet Gastroenterology & Hepatology! Read now Over 350 million
World Hepatitis Summit 2024 to convene in Lisbon
World Hepatitis Summit 2024 to convene in Lisbon Lisbon, Portugal will host the World Hepatitis Summit (WHS) 9-11 April, 2024, bringing together global experts to
HepVoice Jan – March 2023
Hep Voice Jan – March 2023 The first edition of Hep Voice for 2023 is out now! Catch up on WHA activities in February at