HBV Elimination Global Resource Center
Helping Global Providers Stay on the Cutting Edge of HBV and HDV Care to Advance Elimination
Optimizing Global Screening and Treatment Efforts to Mitigate HBV Morbidity and Mortality Video
Hear expert insights on strategies to eliminate HBV and explore opportunities for closing gaps across the care continuum!
0.75-hour CME/CE | HBV Micro-Learning Video Library
Persistent gaps across the HBV care continuum point to urgent needs to drastically scale up HBV screening, prevention, and treatment, particularly among underserved communities who bear the highest disease burden. Tune in to this video as global hepatitis experts exchange ideas about ways to accelerate HBV elimination across different regions by optimizing patient outreach, testing, prevention, antiviral treatment, and monitoring.
Hepatitis D virus (HDV) infection among people with HBV has been associated with increased risk of cirrhosis, hepatocellular carcinoma, and worsened liver function. Despite significant research, there are a multitude of unknowns related to global HDV prevalence and optimal approaches for screening and management.
Tune in to this video as renowned hepatitis clinicians discuss the most up-to-date information about global HDV burden, diagnosis, and new and emerging treatment options.
New leaps in global hepatitis B (HBV) research provide hope that HBV cure is within reach. Emerging treatments have the potential to improve patient outcomes and bring us closer to the functional cure of the virus. Tune in to this video to learn more about the role that emerging therapeutic strategies will play in ongoing HBV elimination efforts and to hear prominent HBV clinicians interpret the latest findings from pivotal clinical trials. This expert-led discussion will include:
- Recognizing advances toward achieving HBV elimination, identifying remaining gaps in global and national efforts, and exploring opportunities to close gaps across the care continuum
- Evaluating the latest clinical data on emerging therapeutic strategies for achieving a functional cure of chronic HBV infection
Stigma and discrimination associated with HBV infection, particularly among immigrants/migrants and other vulnerable populations, have been long-standing barriers to patient engagement in HBV screening, treatment, and monitoring. Tune in to this video to hear experts debate practical solutions for reducing stigma and addressing social determinants of health among underserved patient groups.
Upon completion, you will be better prepared to:
- Recognize advances toward achieving HBV elimination, identify remaining gaps in global and national efforts, and explore opportunities for closing gaps across the care continuum
- Incorporate evidence-based strategies for improving engagement in HBV screening and care
- Employ interprofessional strategies to mitigate the burden of HBV-related stigma on the quality of life and health-seeking behaviors of diverse patient populations
With less than 10 years remaining in the timeline set for global viral hepatitis elimination, this is a critical moment to assess current progress toward elimination goals, pinpoint persistent gaps along the HBV care continuum, and implement culturally sensitive approaches to accelerate HBV screening and treatment programming.
Watch this video and learn to:
- Recognize advances toward achieving HBV elimination, identify remaining gaps in global and national efforts, and explore opportunities for closing gaps across the care continuum during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond
- Employ interprofessional strategies to mitigate the burden of HBV-related stigma and social determinants of health on patient engagement
- Incorporate collaborative approaches and lessons learned from the COVID-19 pandemic to optimize HBV screening and management services