National Liver Foundation of Bangladesh is a not-for-profit organization established in April, 1999 at Dhaka, Bangladesh. This Organization is the first of its kind in Bangladesh which is dedicated to Prevention, Treatment, Education and Research on liver diseases with special emphasis on viral hepatitis. The foundation is the member of World Hepatitis Alliance since its inception.
Mission of the foundation:
- To raise mass public awareness on prevention of liver diseases, especially viral hepatitis.
- To create facilities for treatment of liver diseases with affordable cost and free for poor.
- To make advocacy and coordination with the Government & non government organizations regarding the issues of viral hepatitis and liver diseases.
- To establish a center of excellence for Prevention, Treatment, Education and Research on Liver diseases in Bangladesh
Vision of the foundation:
- To minimize the suffering of patients living with liver diseases.
- Reduce the disease burden to a negligible level and ensure treatment for all.
- Elimination of viral hepatitis in Bangladesh by 2030.
How we work:
- All the activities are designed to enhance the quality of life of viral hepatitis patients.
- Activities and concepts of World Hepatitis Alliance are always in the core of our events.
- Promote the theme of World Hepatitis Day throughout the year.
- Activation of Nohep campaign throughout the nation.
- Our top priority is to pass awareness messages among the common people at grass root level.
- Foundation tries to introduce new avenue and opportunity for awareness building of viral hepatitis.
- Foundation share experience and ideas of awareness building among WHA members.
- Foundation raises voice against Stigma and Discrimination regarding viral hepatitis.
- Foundation works against the Myths and Misconceptions about viral hepatitis.
- We generate fund from different sources for free treatment of disadvantaged young viral hepatitis patients.
What we do:
- Initiator of World Hepatitis Day in Bangladesh.
- Pioneer of NOhep campaign in Bangladesh.
- Advocacy to government for viral hepatitis and other liver disease related issues.
- First Bengali Hepatitis awareness Apps launched (Hepatitis : Janun ebong valo thakun) know Hepatitis & Stay well.
- Organize Hepatitis B and C Patients Conferences.
- Free Hepatitis B and C Screening and awareness program in schools and other academic institutes.
- Free hepatitis B screening and vaccination of orphan children of Government children homes.
- Zakat Fund for free treatment of underprivileged young individuals and children affected by hepatitis B and C.
- Free hepatitis B and C screening of pregnant woman and provide hepatitis B Immunoglobulin and vaccine to newborns of hepatitis B positive mothers.
- Making Hospital for Liver Diseases at Divisional Headquarter, Sylhet.
- Organize the Regional Hepatitis Days for decentralization of awareness programmes at divisional, district levels and in remote areas of the country.
- Initiator of first global hepatitis awareness campaign “AM I Number 12” in Bangladesh.