We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and the amended terms and conditions will apply to your continued use of the website. If you have any questions about our terms and conditions, please contact us.
WHA means World Hepatitis Alliance, a registered Association in the State of Geneva, Switzerland. Registered on December 5th 2007, registration number CH-660-2785007-1. Registered address: 86bis, route de Frontenex, Case Postale 6364 1211 Genève 6.
• “Website” means www.worldhepatitisalliance.org, or any other website under WHA's ownership or control from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
• “You”, “your” and “yours” means the person(s) accessing the website.
• “We”, “us” and “our” means WHA.
• “Material” means any information, data, text, graphics, links, programming code or other material published, contained or available on the website.
• A “registered user” is a person who has registered to use a service on the website (such as the wall of stories or membership).
• “Your content” is any and all the content submitted or uploaded by users of the website, including names, photographs, video clips, biographical information, text, logos, files and any other information and materials.
3. Copyright and our website
You may access, view and print copies of material contained in the website as long as you comply with these terms and conditions and:
• you use the material for non-commercial, personal use only;
• all copyright notices are kept on the material; and
• you do not modify, reproduce, display, distribute or perform the material for any public use without prior written consent from WHA.
Exceptions relate to material which we intend for the widest possible distribution including but not limited to:
• Our World Hepatitis Day poster tool;
• WHA infographics
• WHA toolkits
Where copyright of material (such as photographs) belongs to someone other than WHA, this will be stated on or near the material on the website, wherever possible.
4. Trade marks, logos and service marks
Trade marks, logos and service marks, together called “trade marks”, used on our website, whether registered or unregistered, are property of their owners.
Unless otherwise stated, we do not give you permission to use any trade mark on our website without its owner’s consent.
5. Material on our website
Whilst all reasonable care has been taken in compiling the information on the website we do not guarantee its accuracy or reliability and neither WHA, nor its editors, can be held responsible for any inaccuracies or mis-statements of fact beyond our control. We may make changes to the material on the website at any time without notice. We and any third parties referred to on the website assume no responsibility for how you use the information provided through the website.
We are always interested in hearing what you think of the material on our website – please contact us.
Some of the material on the website has been written by organisations and individuals not employed by WHA (for example material provided through integrated data feeds, aggregated news content and information provided by other organisations in our membership base). We cannot guarantee its accuracy or reliability.
Some of the material on the website forms part of an archive of news reporting or an archive of newsletters. The date of publication is stated on this material and it is not updated. Please take care to note these dates, as some of the information contained in this material will not reflect current situations, guidelines or best practice
6. Medical Information
Any medical information referred to in or through this website is not intended to replace consultation with a qualified medical practitioner, or to endorse any specific treatment, healthcare or other service provider. You are strongly advised to talk to an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
7. Links to external content providers
We provide links to external websites for your information, but we are not responsible for the content of any other websites or pages linking to or from our website. If you choose to follow links to other websites you do so at your own risk.
We try to keep our anti-virus software up-to-date. We don’t guarantee that our website, its servers, downloadable files and emails are free from viruses or other harmful components. You should take reasonable steps to use suitable anti-virus and firewall systems in order to protect your computer and equipment. We do not accept any liability for any loss or damage as a result of any infection of your computer and equipment.
You must not:
• Introduce, or try to introduce, any virus or other contaminant to our website or any of its software or systems
• Try to access, alter, de-compile, reverse engineer, destroy or tamper with any part of our website, its software or our systems
• Interfere with anybody else’s use of our website
• Try to weaken or damage how our website works, whether by helping to organise, or taking part in, a denial of service attack or otherwise.
9. Governing law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute arising from these terms and conditions or your use of the website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
10. Becoming a member of WHA
11. Submitting a story to the Wall of Stories
12. Content submission
You can submit content to the website that will be visible to the public if you are a member or if you submit a story to the Wall of Stories. You agree whenever you submit your content to our website you must comply with our content standards. You agree your content must be accurate where it states facts and be genuinely held where it states opinions.
You agree your content must not contain any material which is defamatory; contain any material which is offensive; infringe any copyright, or other intellectual property right or other right of any other person; be likely to deceive any person; be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or obligation of confidentiality; be likely to disrupt our service in any way; give the impression it emanates from us where this is not the case.
We reserve the right to reject, block, suspend or remove your content at any time at our sole discretion. We in no way guarantee that your content or any part of it will be displayed on the website. Any content is published at our discretion.
13. Your personal information
14. Feedback and complaints
We welcome your comments about our website. If you find anything incorrect, not working or want to say anything else, please contact us.