Become a Member
Being a member of the World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA) means your organisation is part of a global body with international reach.
You will be able to increase your influence and raise your profile, making it easier for you to have a positive impact. Membership also carries very practical benefits: we build capacity, support advocacy and fundraising as well as provide networking opportunities. We also fund all of our members’ attendance at our biennial World Hepatitis Summit! And membership is free! Find out more about the benefits of WHA membership here.
Types of membership
There are two types of members – Voting Members and Non-Voting Members. The only difference in terms of benefits of membership is that voting members may vote at annual meetings and may elect the Regional Board Members for their region.
What will your organisation require to become a voting member?
- It is crucial that our mission remains free of political or corporate influence, so you must be a not-for-profit, non-governmental organisation with no affiliation to political or religious groups.
- You will need to have an appropriate legal status and written constitution. The only exception to this is cases where no suitable legal status exists in your country. Viral hepatitis must be your primary concern and you need to be able to demonstrate patient-orientated practice.
- You will also need a viral hepatitis patient on your governing board. This is to make sure that your organisation truly understands the impact of the disease.
What will your organisation require to become a non-voting member?
If your organisation does not meet the criteria to become a voting member, you made still be eligible to become a non-voting member.
- You do not need to have viral hepatitis as your primary concern. However, you must be able to demonstrate that you have goals with align with those of the World Hepatitis Alliance.
- Your organisation also needs to take part in activities which concern viral hepatitis, especially World Hepatitis Day.
You can read the full member criteria here.
If there is anything you feel you do not fully understand about WHA, please read our by-laws or contact us at email@example.com. For membership queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org