Gujranwala Liver Foundation
Gujranwala Liver Foundation [GLF] was established by a group of philanthropists in 2007 with the following aims;
- Awareness, prevention and management of viral hepatitis in general public
- Financial support for the deserving patients suffering from hepatitis
- Establishment of a comprehensive unit for patients with liver diseases in future
- Local human resource development in managing liver diseases
- Promoting research in the field of Hepatology
At present the activities of the foundation include a daily hepatology clinic. Any patient who suffers from liver disease is eligible for registration in the GLF clinic. To date there are nearly 13000 registered patients and approximately 90% of these are hepatitis C virus positive. These patients are provided expert opinion, specialized investigations and the best possible treatment as per national and international treatment guidelines.
At GLF, we follow a model of subsidy and facility. The investigations and treatment is made available to the patients at subsidized rates. Complete funding of treatment is offered to those who are deemed to deserve by our board according to a well-established criteria. Average monthly income of the patients visiting GLF is less than Rs. 9000.
The clinic is managed by a team of Hepatologist, dedicated medical officers and trained staff. Since November 2012, our endoscopy unit is also functional. This facility is being offered at nominal cost to the poor patients without any compromise on standards.