Association of treated and ill with hepatitis “HEPATOS RIJEKA”
Association "Hepatos Rijeka" is an independent and nongovernmental organization. It was formally established on inaugural meeting on 28.08.2009 with the primary objective of providing assistance to those ill with hepatitis and HIV. It is the only, so far, in the Primorsko-goranska County, whose target groups are primarily infected with hepatitis and HIV and their families
OBJECTIVES OF ACTION
Objectives of action according to statute are: to prevent the development and spread of the disease, to reduce discrimination against people living with hepatitis, HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases and risk behavior groups, to promote better lifestyle, to improve and protect social rights of people living with hepatitis, HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases, their families and social environment and marginalized groups of risky behavior.
The objectives are achieved, among other things, through the following principal activities:
- Counselling and psychosocial support patients treated and ill with hepatitis and HIV, their families and social environment
- Counselling and psychosocial support to people of risky behavior (drug experimenters, drug addicts, prisoners, sex workers, LGBT population, migrants, etc..)
- Improving and developing social and health prevention programs intended for children, youth, adults and marginalized groups of risky behavior
- Promoting understanding of the problem and tolerance for ill people, the protection of human, civil, social, health, labor and other rights of socially vulnerable and ill people, and developing antidiscriminative practices
Hepatos Rijeka has a role to inform, educate, publicly advocate and provide expert advice and psychological support.
Values that Hepatos Rijeka advocates are: proactivity in the community, respect for diversity, professionalism, dedication, responsibility, teamwork, efficiency, collaboration, networking, humanity, transparency.
Hepatos Rijeka will follow its core values; contribute to the development of a more humane and more educated society without prejudice and stigmatization.
- HEPATITIS AND MY HOME – LIFE WITHOUT STIGMA
- RIVER OF HEALTH
- LUCY'S STORY