The Organization for Empowerment Through Education and Health (OETEH)
The Organization for Empowerment Through Education and Health (OETEH) is an NGO providing health and education services for hte poor and needy in district Matiari. The major activities of OETEH include provision of healthcare through hospitals and maternal and child health centers. In addition, education for children is provided through formal and informal schools. Vocational centers provide computers and vocational training for youth.
A well educated and healthy society in which women and children have equal rights
To develop a society in which individuals are aware of their basic rights and are provided with equal opportunities to access health and educational facilities.
Aims and objectives:
- To create awareness among the communities for collective action.
- To motivate and mobilize the communities to participate in the socio economic development including family planning, health, education, rural water supply and sanitation (RWSS), vocatioanl training and income generation activities.
- To assist the communities to elimiate social evils including narcotics
- To raise literacy rate of the community
- To provide equal opportunities to male and female members of the communities in skill development, and disabled care and rehabilitation.