Iran Hepatitis Network (IHN)
Iran Hepatitis Network (IHN) is an active non-governmental association with no political and religious interest connecting Iranian and Middle Eastern research centers and researchers active in the field of liver diseases. The following points are achievements of IHN:
1. Hepatitis Monthly Journal: with JCR IF 1.92 and more than 50% contribution of international authors. The journal had significant IF increase in the recent years and became the prominent journal in the region publishing articles on liver disease.
2. Tehran Hepatitis Conference (THC): Is the biannually international conference of viral hepatitis and liver disease. The 6th THC (THC6) was held in 2015 and the meeting had the collaboration of European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL). The THC7 will be held in September 2017 and hopefully EASL will have the collaboration as the BEST of EASL. The THC tries to attract participants from region to improve the knowledge of Hepatology in Middle East.
3. National and regional seminars on viral hepatitis and liver diseases.
4. National meetings for compilation and approval of treatment guidelines.
5. Workshops to increase the clinical and molecular knowledge of professionals in the field of hepatology.
6. Public awareness activities and campaigns.