Hepatitis Queensland Inc
Hepatitis Queensland is a not-for-profit, non-government, community organisation. We provide:
- A FREE confidential telephone information and support service
- FREE counselling with a registered psychologist; face-to-face or over-the-phone
- Education and training to organizations, schools and businesses
- Support groups and information evenings and events
- FREE brochures, fact-sheets, DVD's and newsletters on viral hepatitis
- and much, much more
We are open from Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm (except public holidays), and our services are free and confidential.
People also do volunteer work with Hepatitis Qld and can make tax-deductible donations.
If you do not live in Queensland you can contact the local Hepatitis Council in your state or territory. The national peak body for all these councils is Hepatitis Australia, which is based in Canberra.
Hepatitis Queensland is an incorporated, community based, consumer focussed, non-government organisation which recognises the diversity of, and represents, the interests of people affected by, or at risk of viral hepatitis.
Similar Hepatitis Councils exist in most States and Territories of Australia and all Councils are affiliated with the Hepatitis Australia, the national peak body based in Canberra. Hepatitis Queensland is Queensland’s primary response to viral hepatitis in Queensland.
A Queensland free from the affects of viral hepatitis.
- Clients – supporting and empowering our clients in an inclusive way, avoiding value judgments
- Staff – as individuals; and their performance and development as professionals
- Volunteers – as individuals; and in community development
- Confidentiality – complying with high ethical standards and a code of conduct
- Quality Service Delivery – state-wide, accessible and pro-active
- Accurate representation – in individual and systemic advocacy
- Independent Governance
- Current and accurate information resources
- Continuous improvement – through innovation and co-operation
- Sector-wide involvement – through collaboration with agencies
To provide a holistic, innovative and pro-active response to the challenges confronting people directly and indirectly affected by viral hepatitis.