British Liver Trust
Liver disease is the fifth largest killer in the UK. We are here for everyone affected by liver disease, wherever they are in the UK.
- We support patients so they don’t have to face liver disease alone
- We campaign to improve awareness so people are aware of the risks to the liver
- We lobby for improved services for liver patients
- We fund research to find the causes and treatments of liver disease
- We work right across the country from Scotland to Northern Ireland, Wales and England.
Our key activities are:
- Patient services, which include: this website, an information line, a range of informative and detailed publications, and our nationwide network of patient support groups
- Improving awareness of the risks and causes of liver disease, including our annual campaign Love Your Liver
- Research into the causes and treatments of liver disease, when funding allows, to reduce the impact and incidence in the future
- Supporting health professionals to deliver high standards of care and support to those affected
- Ensuring patients have a voice at local and national government level
- Educating the public about the risks and how to avoid them