Advocacy for the Prevention of Hepatitis in Nigeria (APHIN)
APHIN exists to create awareness, prevent and treat hepatitis virus in Nigeria and other developing countries.
The objectives for which the Organisation is established are:
1. To provide enlightenment about Hepatitis virus, the mode of transmission of the disease, its effect, prevention and treatment through awareness campaign, organizing of seminars, media presentation and conferences.
2. To establish pre-and post counseling offices with the aim of providing proficient physical and emotional healing.
3. To create empowerment centers in all the states of the federation and also in other developing countries to help in spreading the knowledge of hepatitis and hence curb the rapidly increasing cases of hepatitis
4. To receive grants; contributions, donations and money from individual, organizations, Business companies, Foundations, charitable organizations, missions, churches, ministries, mosques, NGOs, government, and International institutions on behalf of individuals incapable of paying for their treatments and getting it to them
5. To conduct researches on the prevalence of Hepatitis virus as well as screening, treatment and vaccination
6. To organize talk shows, concerts, seminars and conferences in schools, communities, towns, villages, market places, Hotels, churches, mosques and such related places to sensitize the people and to prevent hepatitis
7. To affiliate with other NGOs, Government agencies, media houses and individuals when necessary in order to create awareness on hepatitis
8. To carryout such activities that will educate and protect the society from the scourge of hepatitis
9. To organize programmes, jingles, Advertisements on TV, Radio, and other means of publicity such as billboards, pamphlets and poster
10. To conduct research, create awareness and enlightenment on other related rampaging infections in the country as the need arises