The World Hepatitis Alliance is a not-for-profit international umbrella Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO). Our membership is composed of over 170 organisations who work in the field of viral hepatitis, representing every region of the world. We are patient-led and patient-driven, and due to our dedication to this approach voting membership of the Alliance is limited to patient groups. In this way, we are the global voice for the 500 million people worldwide living with viral hepatitis.
Through better awareness, prevention, care, support and access to treatment, our ultimate goal is to work with governments to eradicate these diseases from the planet. We provide global leadership and support action that will halt the viral hepatitis death toll and improve lives.
What we do:
1. Raise awareness of viral hepatitis by coordinating global activities for World Hepatitis Day and supporting regional and national World Hepatitis Day programmes.
2. Reduce the stigma associated with viral hepatitis by improving education and understanding of viral hepatitis.
3. Work with the World Health Organization (WHO) to give viral hepatitis the profile and priority it must have.
4. Work with member groups to help them ensure that every country has an effective strategy in place to combat viral hepatitis.
5. Support member groups and help them build capacity.
6. Liaise with NGOs, global donors and policy makers to secure support and endorsement for the work of the Alliance, its member groups and World Hepatitis Day.
The World Hepatitis Alliance was registered as an Association in the State of Geneva, Switzerland on December 5th 2007, registration number CH-660-2785007-1. It is not aligned with any party political views, does not engage in political activity and does not discriminate on the basis of creed, religion, lack of religion, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
Our vision.... Seeking a world without viral hepatitis.